We’re award-winning energy contract enthusiasts. We’re based in the centre of Norwich, and have over 550 clients nationwide. We’re looking for a talented Management Accountant to join our happy team.
LOCATION: Norwich city centre
JOB TERM: Permanent
HOURS: Full time
SALARY: Dependent on experience
CLOSING DATE: 4th August
Reporting directly to our Managing Director, you’ll be the main point of contact for all financial queries. You’ll work to increase the business profitability by analysing commercial contracts and operational processes, voicing recommendations where you see fit. You’ll also take full ownership of monthly financial reporting to the Management team and Directors, as well as being involved in payroll and contributing to system improvements.
- Act as a business partner to the Senior Management team, making recommendations and influencing the financial direction of the business
- Accurate and timely completion of monthly Management Accounts and Board Packs before presenting to Senior Management
- Production of variance analysis with insightful commentary to support business decisions
- Journals, accruals and prepayments
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and bank accounts
- Financial trend analysis to highlight best and worst performing contracts to drive profitability and operational efficiencies
- Weekly cash flow reporting and completing a rolling forecast based on current contracts and business wins
- Support the annual budgeting process and analyse areas of business spend vs cost saving opportunities
- Review current payment terms with a view to reducing/standardising these to improve cash flow
- Managing the monthly payroll process & pension submissions
- Work with the Managing Director and external Accountants at year-end to finalise annual accounts
- Continue to review and monitor financial reporting processes and identify opportunities for improvements as the business grows
A key aspect of this role requires the job holder to work under agreed procedures and methods, utilising computer software where appropriate.
The type of person we’re looking for
To become part of our award-winning team you’ll be the type of person who will lovingly prepare our management accounts, take pleasure in processing our payroll and find great satisfaction in getting deep into our financial data to enhance our processes and rocket launch our profitability.
- Ideally CIMA/ACCA qualified/Finalist
- Highly inquisitive and analytically minded
- Great communication skills, to present financial reports to the business and make recommendations to support business growth
- Strong Excel skills, ideally with experience of scenario based Financial Modelling
- Ability to act as the key point of contact for all financial queries and work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and able to use your own initiative to solve problems and create solutions
- A collaborative approach to work, with a willingness to learn
- A positive, professional and friendly nature
We want someone who can work in line with our values – be trusted, be responsible, be effortless & be exceptional.
Why you’ll love working with us
- Full in-house training, including Indigo Swan codes of conduct
- A company pension scheme
- 21 days of holiday each year + 4 days off at Christmas + 3 hours once a year to spend with your favourite person on their birthday + bank holidays
- A fabulous open plan, bright and colourful office in the city centre
- Office refreshments, including fruit & almonds (for energy), tea and coffee (we have a Tassimo machine!)
- Pizza and other rewards throughout the year based on performance
- A cake of your choice from Café 33 on your birthday
- Trips to the pub, quarterly socials and an awesome Christmas party
If you have any questions or would like to apply, get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 4th of August.