Marketing Executive | Indigo Swan
LOCATION: Norwich, Norfolk
JOB TERM: Permanent
SALARY: circa £25,000 (subject to experience)
Indigo Swan are a multi-award winning energy consultancy on the hunt for a talented marketing executive to join their passionate team. Working from our office in Norwich, you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of a comprehensive B2B marketing strategy, for energy contract consultancy services used by businesses across the UK.
The successful candidate will be capable of taking on all aspects of traditional and digital marketing and deliver effective campaigns, in line with our marketing strategy.
This is a hands-on marketing position that will require someone with excellent time-management skills and someone who can juggle multiple projects to deadline. The successful applicant will enjoy working with a range of people, and be capable of generating genuine interest in our service offering.
You will be working under your own initiative in conjunction with full support from the Head of Creativity and our senior leadership team.
If you are a bright spark who’d love to be proud of the company they work for, takes pleasure in doing a great job and enjoys a fun, fast paced, caring environment, Indigo Swan is the place for you.
What will you spend your time doing?
Marketing (approximately 70% of workload)
You will –
- Look at new ways to promote and market Indigo Swan to generate maximum ROI by contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies
- Use your knowledge and research skills to keep up to date with the latest trends in industry to create innovative marketing campaigns across both digital and traditional channels
- Work alongside our Head of Creativity in the management of direct marketing, including regular email shots to our prospect database
- Compose clear and engaging copy for brochures, websites and press releases. Ensuring all content is proof read, in preparation for the MD to approve for publication.
- Manage Google Adwords and Remarketing campaigns
- Evaluate all marketing campaigns & initiatives, including analysis and reporting using Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Traffic rank reporting and conversion analysis
- Manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers & e-newsletters
- Keep the content of Indigo Swan’s website up to date and relevant
- Manage campaigns and email distributions lists across our Salesforce CRM & Mailchimp account
- Identify and manage a social media strategy for the Company
- Work with the MD to identify PR opportunities and to action those deemed valuable for the Company’s brand and reputational development
- Identify suitable awards for the Company to enter
- Manage our marketing budget
Business Development (approximately 25% of workload)
You will –
- Identify, organise and attend relevant networking events (e.g. Chamber of Commerce breakfast meetings and local business events), follow up all leads gathered and ensure all sales opportunities for Indigo Swan are acted upon.
- Identify, create business case for and, if approved, manage the company’s attendance at suitable business development / lead generation events in Norfolk
- Organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- Further develop relationships with existing business partners (e.g. Norfolk Chamber of Commerce) plus identify and develop opportunities with new partners.
Competitor & Market Awareness (approximately 5% of workload)
You will –
- Research resources available to Indigo Swan and scan competitor offerings to ensure our range of services continue to offer good value for clients.
- Make suggestions to the MD when any new opportunities for service enhancement are identified
What skills do you need to have?
Previous B2B marketing experience
Highly organised and strength in time management skills
Proactive worker that likes to take ownership on projects
A good communicator, able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Motivated and proactive attitude to campaign management
Good digital skills including SEO, PPC, Email Marketing and Google Analytics/Adwords
Creative skills, copywriting, graphic design for both print/web mediums
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign ) and MS Office
Attention to detail
Analytical skills & numeracy
Influencing & negotiation skills
The capacity to work under pressure
The ability to make recommendations based on key information
Proven research skills using a range of mediums
What type of person are we looking for?
- An energetic and outgoing team player with high levels of integrity, confidence and resilience
- An individual keen on developing their existing skills as well as learning new ones
- A highly motivated self-starter and completer/finisher who is able to work under pressure but who will not compromise on quality
- An individual with a strong business acumen, who feels comfortable in making decisions, and in handling contractual and commercial negotiations with prospects
- An individual sharing the Company’s values – Be Trusted, Be Responsible, Be Effortless & Be Exceptional
Why will you love working with us?
This is a full time role, working Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5.30pm.
The benefits include:
- Full in-house training
- A company pension scheme
- 21 days of holiday each year + 4 days off at Christmas + 3 hours once a year to spend with your favourite person on their birthday + Bank Holidays
- A fabulous open plan, air conditioned and colourful office in the city centre
- Office refreshments, including fruit & almonds (for energy :-))
- Pizza and other rewards throughout the year based on performance
- A cake of your choice from Café 33 on your birthday
We’d love to hear from you.
Please email email@example.com to request our application form.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 31st October.