LOCATION: Norwich, Norfolk
JOB TERM: Permanent
HOURS: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
SALARY: Dependent on experience
CLOSING DATE: 7th September
We’re Indigo Swan – multi-award-winning energy contract enthusiasts, and we’re on the hunt for a talented Marketing Executive to join our team! If you’re a bright spark who wants to be proud of the company they work for, takes pleasure in doing a great job and enjoys a fun and supportive environment, Indigo Swan is the place for you.
We’re a B2B energy consultancy, working with clients all across the country. The energy industry is unregulated, so we take great pride in doing the right thing.
We started in 2010 and, even though we only have 20 employees, we’ve won several industry awards:
- Consultancy of the Year (East) 2018 – won!
- Consultancy of the Year 2018 – finalist!
- Awesome Place to Work 2018 – finalist!
- Most Trusted Consultancy 2017 – won!
- Inspirational Leader 2017 – finalist!
- Consultancy of the Year 2016 – won!
Our 4 values
How we do anything is how we do everything
We celebrate individuality
Unflinching commitment to finding a better way
For a great insight into who we are watch our MD Emily’s TEDx Talk – click here
About the role
Working from our office in the heart of Norwich, you’ll work directly with our MD Emily to deliver our Marketing strategy.
It’s an exciting time within Marketing at Indigo Swan, with aspirations to spread our wings into new channels this year and next –
- We will inject exciting and educational video content into our social media and website
- We’re writing our first whitepaper at the moment
- We are branching out into bigger exhibitions and talks
- We love to understand our clients and will be carrying out more client research.
- We’re also in the midst of a brand redesign, so you’ll be central to that roll-out later this year
After your initial Swan training, you’ll hit the ground running – we’ve recently partnered with an award-winning digital marketing agency to ignite our online strategy, and you’ll be integral in organising content and acting as the main point of contact with them.
- Work alongside Emily to ensure we have an effective and consistent strategy to win new business and retain existing clients.
- Compose clear and engaging copy for brochures, websites, publications and press releases. Ensure all content is proof read, in preparation for the MD to approve for publication.
- Work closely with our digital marketing agency to keep momentum on the project and be ready to create content to tight deadlines.
- Manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers & email newsletters.
- Keep the content of Indigo Swan’s website up-to-date and relevant.
- Responsible for coordinating our exhibitions and public speaking events. This will include marketing before and after the events, logistics on the day, and supporting your fellow Swans.
- We won Best Stand at the 2017 Norfolk Chamber B2B Exhibition, so bring your best ideas!
- Identify, create a business case for and manage the company’s attendance at suitable business development / lead generation events in Norfolk and further afield.
- Promote the business and protect our brand on all social media platforms.
Reporting, Competitor & Trend Analysis
- Evaluate all marketing campaigns & initiatives, analyse and produce reports.
- Use your knowledge and research skills to keep up to date with the latest trends in industry and report back
- Make suggestions to Emily when any new opportunities for service enhancement are identified
- Work towards KPIs covering new business, our website and exhibition ROI
- Work with the MD to identify PR opportunities and to action those considered valuable for the Indigo Swan brand and reputation.
- Identify suitable awards to enter. We’ve won industry awards consistently for the last few years, and this is the first year we’re entering general business awards, and this is something we hope to build upon.
- Further develop relationships with existing business partners (e.g. Norfolk Chamber of Commerce) plus identify and develop opportunities with new partners.
- Previous B2B marketing experience.
- Highly organised. You’ll spend a lot of time with the MD, but you will need excellent time management skills to follow up and complete any actions autonomously.
- Proactive worker that likes to take ownership on projects.
- A good communicator, able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We’re active members of the local business community, we fundraise for Mind every year and our communication with clients is one of the reasons our retention rate is so high (97.7% last year) – you’ll need to be able to pick up and continue to strengthen these relationships, which we hold in high regard.
- Good digital skills. We will be working alongside an agency, who’ll take ownership of the day-to-day work for our digital marketing, but you’ll need to understand the terminology and have a good awareness of why they’re doing what they’re doing, how it impacts us, and how we can maximise the returns.
- Team player. While you’ll work closely with the MD, you’ll also be working with all the other Swans – especially the Sales team. You’ll facilitate them in conversations with new leads and provide them with any artwork or copywriting to support their activity.
- Copywriting across all our channels, and basic graphic design.
- Big thinker. We value ideas here – we really do. We have an open forum for suggesting new ideas (it could be a process improvement, changes to the office, a brand-new way of working) so you’ll have faith in your ideas and the bravery to suggest them.
- Self-motivated. You’ll be happy to progress your work or start something new when you have the time – you’ll be confident in your abilities to get the job done to a high standard, and present to the MD or senior leadership team if necessary. You can work under pressure without compromising on quality.
- You’ll have good levels of emotional intelligence, which will shine through in your copywriting and also how you respond to your colleagues.
- You’re friendly, approachable and have a good sense of humour (please).
- Strong use of Microsoft Office, especially Word (to its fullest capacity), PowerPoint and Excel
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords + remarketing
- PPC + SEO
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere)
- Filmora (or equivalent)
Why we think you’ll love working with us
Ask anyone who’s met us, and they’ll tell you – our culture is one of our greatest assets, and we cherish it. It’s what makes us exceptional as an employer and as a consultancy.
- Full in-house training – this covers energy industry basics, plus role-specific training.
- A company pension scheme.
- 21 days of holiday each year + 4 days off at Christmas + 3 hours once a year to spend with your favourite person on their birthday + Bank Holidays.
- A fabulous open plan, air conditioned and colourful office in the city centre. We’ve recently expanded Swan HQ, so now it’s even better! We have free office refreshments including all the tea and coffee you could ever want, plus fruit and nuts to keep you going.
- Pizza and other rewards throughout the year based on performance.
- A monthly Wellness contribution. You can use this towards any wellbeing activity, like the Pilates class we do every Wednesday lunch time. We also have a running club after work (it’s also on a Wednesday for our craziest, sportiest Swans).
- A budget set aside for you to buy a cake on your birthday for us all to share 🙂
Our Vision includes the statement “we fuse relentless efficiencies with a colourful personality”, and we hope you’ll fit right in!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request our application form – We’d love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th September.